Baked chicken fried chicken. Looking For Yummy Fried Chicken Recipe? Visit Our Website For Tasty Recipe, Now! Cut the fat but not the flavor with crispy, crunchy, healthier chicken recipes.
I love chicken every way: in pasta, on the grill, in rice, in tacos, in cupcakes (say what?!)…. you name it, we love it. Since I really got into using my Instant Pot at the beginning of the year, I especially love making chicken breasts in there (check out my tutorial on how to cook chicken breasts from frozen!. But one thing it cannot do is crispy, oven fried chicken. You can cook Baked chicken fried chicken using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked chicken fried chicken
- You need 1 of large breast (1 lb).
- It’s 1/3 c of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1/2 c of bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbs of milk.
- Prepare 1 packet of country gravy.
Expert Tips Leaving the skin on the bone-in pieces keeps the meat moist in the oven. Dredge the chicken piece by piece in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs, until all pieces are coated. Beat chicken breats with mallet to desired thickness. (I usually place breast in a ziploc bag to beat and I like the breasts pretty thin.). Dip in milk, then flour mixture, then eggs, then saltines.
Baked chicken fried chicken step by step
- In bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix eggs and milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. And spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. (I like using parchment paper).
- Cut breast into two pieces of equal thickness..
- Pound breasts to less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Dredge meat through crumb mixture..
- Dredge through egg mixture.
- Finally dredge through crumb mixture covering both sides well..
- Place on pan and spray top with cooking spray..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn over. Spray top with cooking spray..
- Bake another 10 -12 minutes until chicken is cooked to temperature..
- Breading will be golden brown..
- Cover with your gravy.
Enjoy the crispy, juicy taste of fried chicken without the oil and greasy mess. This recipe fries chicken in the oven so it's cleaner, healthier, and easier. It's coated with a seasoned flour mixture, baked to perfection, and ready in an hour. Dredge chicken in cracker crumb mixture; dip in milk mixture, and dredge in cracker mixture again. This Chicken Fried Chicken tastes delicious with fresh or frozen corn (check out how to cook frozen corn the right way, green beans or peas, as well as a side salad.